Saturday, March 24, 2007

Sleep, You Elusive Bastard

So, I haven't been sleeping the greatest for the past couple of weeks. Roughly since I saw 300. Mostly, that was a stretch of about two weeks where I didn't get a lot of sleep, and slept hard when I did sleep. This week, I've just not been sleeping well at all. I'll go to bed at my regularly scheduled times, or what feels right to me, and then toss and turn and wake up a whole bunch and wake up feeling like I just got done running. Well, tonight I go to bed at 12, and then wake up with a burning sensation in my left eye and left nostril. I tossed and turned when I went to bed and feel like I've been asleep for maybe a half hour. I toss and turn for what feels like about fifteen minutes, and then look at my clock. I was really asleep for four hours, but now I feel pretty awake and not going back to sleep any time soon.

But it's not as if I need any less sleep. Quite the contrary. Tuesday, I stayed home from school due to a forming migraine and slept an additional 4 hours to my already existing 7. Thursday, I took a nap after school, and while my body usually limits itself to 30 minute naps, an entire hour went by and felt like mere minutes. And I could have slept more, but made myself get up. I just wish I knew why this nonsense was going on. Y'know what? I don't even care why it's happening. I just wish I'd go back to regular sleep.

No comments: