Friday, March 16, 2007

REM cycle one: engage! OR "a first time for everything."

So, in my psycho-loggy class, we were discussing the cycles of sleep. I won't get too far into the gritty details, but know that there are 4 cycles of sleep, and they run in 90 minute cycles. After the first cycle, you wake up long enough to readjust (less than 5 seconds, usually) and then go back to sleep. The first REM (rapid eye movement) cycle occurs when you fall back asleep. So, last night, I wake up, roll over to my left side, and on the process of falling back asleep, my internal voice says, real excitedly, "holy crap! This is the beginning of your next sleep cycle! Sweet! And there's the REM!" and I could quite literally feel my eyeballs darting around inside of my skull, and then I could feel myself lose my body and descend back into sleep before I went numb and "shut off" again. It was incredibly vivid and surreal.

And then this morning, right before I woke up, I had a dream that someone brought home a whole bunch of demon possessed toys, and though they were blatantly possessed, they claimed that they had no idea. Right. You're just lazy is what it is.

"How do you know they're possessed?" the person asked. Right then a toy tank shoots me in the shin.

"That's how," I say. So, my dad and I are then busying ourselves with the construction of a fire with which to burn up these little bastards. We're huckin' toys into the fire to burn them up, and one of the toys is a miniature Christina Ricci doll, and man does she not want to get thrown into the fire. She tried to stab me, so I chucked her ass in. Then my alarm went off.

I don't know what Christina Ricci did to my subconscious, but man is it pissed at her.

1 comment:

Arthur said...

In your subconscious' defense Christina Ricci, though insanely hot, is sufficiently creepy.