Thursday, March 15, 2007

Just Checking In

It's been sort of awhile since I blogged. There's not really a whole lot of anything new to report I suppose. What, for some reasons that I find unidentifiable, seems to have been a hectic and disorganized few months seem to be normalizing somewhat and slowing down back to normal, though nothing ever really felt "not normal," just "hectic."

Right now, it's my absolute favorite weather. Overcast, rainy, cold. It's gray outside and I love it. I think when people see the gray outside, that's all their able to focus on. I even remember in high school my dad criticizing me once for liking the rain and clouds. Something to the effect of, "why can't you like sunshine like everyone else?" or something. My response was that everyone focuses so hard on the gray skies that they don't see how rich the earth looks. The greens are so dark and rich. The gray creates illusions (or brings out what the blue hides?) of blues and purple in the trees. Everything looks so much cleaner. What would appear to be a dirty city scape is made infinitely cleaner by the presence of rain, especially in post winter/not quite spring mode. The rain also seems to justify the buildings, turning giant steel and mortar eye sores into items inside of a painting. Most people, I think and I've been told, feel depressed by this weather. Quite the opposite for me. This weather makes me feel alive. My appetite's best (if it's too hot, I hate food), I feel most awake even if I didn't get sufficient sleep (like last night) I feel myself come to life more quickly than if that damn oppressive fire orb were hovering over me. This is the best sleeping weather, and the best action weather. You can run, do manual labor, sit at home, or do nothing in this weather, and it all feels good. Try running in August. It sucks. A lot.

1 comment:

Arthur said...

I totally agree completely, and people tend to think I'm weird for liking this kind of weather.