Sunday, July 29, 2007

[emo] Why Are You Being an Asshole To Me Right Now? [/emo]

That was a question asked of me tonight by a friend.

How do you react to that? While I don't know how I should have reacted, I know how I did react. I'll be honest. It kind of hurt. Kind of a lot. Thing is, I didn't realize I was being an “asshole.” I still don't know if I was. I thought I was just joking around and being me.

Which raises the possibility that I'm just an asshole. Which sucks. A lot. I wish I could put words to what exactly it is I'm feeling, but I just feel really... shot. It's probably even one of those things that someone just says without thinking too, which makes it worse.

Then there's the possibility that I'm just being really emo about it because it's so early in the morning.

But I don't think it's that. It's sort of a concern I've always had, that I'd cross the line from... whatever I was (maybe sarcastic and gregarious in some way)... into some kind of asshole.

Fuck.

3 comments:

AngryMan said...

Be careful about using sucks and asshole in the same paragraph.

Todd Newton said...

If I had a quarter for every time I felt like this blog entry describes, I'd be rich. I wonder what the deal is.

Anonymous said...

i don't think that you're an asshole.

just a crazy bastard.