Sunday, March 30, 2008

The End of Blogging?

So, today is my wedding day. I kind of feel like I should say something about that, but at the same time, what would I say to both the people that check this blog who aren't spam? Chances are, they already know. I kind of feel like that dropping in here to let you know I'll be gone is like receiving a chain letter from someone you haven't talked to in awhile. Retarded.

At any rate, that's the score. In four hours, all my freedoms are belong to her.

A word on blogging: for awhile I did it, and I really enjoyed it, and I did it a lot. One of the big reasons is that I felt like I had things that I wanted to say. Really, it was conversations that I wanted to engage in, and had they been engaged in the real world, I wouldn't have turned to the virtual one. So, when people quit commenting and the conversation I sought dies away, I really don't want to keep doing. More importantly, I met my Shannon, and I'm engaging in all the conversations I wanted to engage in, plus a few that I hadn't thought of. That's one of the big reasons why I snatched her up so quickly. Girls are everywhere. Smart girls are rare. But a smart girl that you can have good conversations with (who aren't taken)? It's rare enough that you're a fool not to take it.

I certainly hope my wedding goes better than my bachelor party. Let me show you those stats:
15 people invited (excluding dad and brother, who were going to be there regardless)
6 people showed
1 person stayed after dinner
2 people actually contacted me and told me why they couldn't come. Also, that 15 was the number of invited who said they'd come.
In percents:
100% invited
40% showed
.0625% stayed after dinner
.125% had a good excuse

So, that's that. I don't know if I'll continue blogging anymore/ever. If I do, I'll probably start on a different blog.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading your blog, but I can understand your desire to discontinue...

Thanks for the good writing.

Kath said...

Congrats!

Hope married life is everything you thought it would be.

Be happy and remember to laugh.

Anonymous said...

awwww. i sincerely hope that we continue to have good conversations...and that i don't start to steer every one in the direction of curtains. and soap. and stuff.

why is it i can never think of anything intelligent to say on your blog?

Scott said...

Sadness. You're a much better writer than I. Well, good luck with married life and whatnot.

Kath said...

One last request, if I may?

Before you totally stop, do one more post on astrology. Your previous post (last summer???) was one of the best posts I've ever read and you enjoyed writing ok. Go out on a bang, won't you?

Kath said...

Oh man...sorry...ASTRONOMY...that is what I meant to type!!

Duh!