Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Since 4:30 This Morning

Woke up at 4:30. Fretting about a house (condo) I'm looking to buy. Why would I fret you ask? Because I was worried that if my roommate friend who's moving in with me ever moved out, I'd be stuck paying on a mortgage that's way to high to pay on my current income. I laid in bed for about a half hour sort of just worrying about it. Then I got up and went to my computer to do some math on the topic.

And that's when I found the good news. I had been worrying about this condo thing (because it's a sweet condo, and a bargain price) since about 7 last night, nursing a little ball of worry in my stomach. Then I found that with my friend living there, buying this condo, with the monthly HOA fee, is only slightly more than apartment living. Sweet. Even better? If for some reason I was stranded for a few months with no roomie, I would be able to make it. It'd be tight, but I'd make it.

Such a relief.

So after I did the math, and sent an email on the topic, it was then 6. I figured I had better get to bed if I didn't want to die. I went to bed, about to drift off, then 6:30 hits and I had to pee really bad (thanks bladder for being a total douche). Get back to bed and lay there for about 20 minutes, not actually going to sleep or even really closing my eyes when I realized that I probably wasn't going back to sleep, and at this point, if I did fall asleep, I'd probably wake up feeling worse than if I hadn't.

So I've been up for 3 hours now, which is weird to say since it's only 7:30, and I went to bed at 12:15ish. I mostly hope that I can make it through work.

Since I've been up, I've been trying to catch up on my blogs on my rss reader. One of the things I did was take a “how texan are you?” test. The results are stupid. It says I'm 16% texan. I would submit that I am actually 0% texan.

Questions like, “you would never eat a cowpie.” I defy you to find one person, Texan or otherwise, that would say they would eat a cowpie.

And, “you leanred to shoot a gun before you learned to drive.” Chances are, unless your parents are some sort of commie hippies, you've learned to shoot a gun in your childhood. After all, hunting and range shooting, both things a father would do with his son, aren't locationally bound.

“You use the AC 12 months a year.” Would if I had that option because I like cold, but Colorado just isn't cold enough sometimes. Remember that winter 2 years ago when it snowed once for about a half hour? That was a freakin' ridiculously hot winter. I protest it.

The last one was, “you don't find anything wrong with tacos for breakfast.” Honestly, what person could ever find a good logical backing that you “should or shouldn't” have this or that food for breakfast?

A lot of the questions were uniquely and obnoxiously Texan, however. Like, “Dr. Pepper is your favorite kind of 'coke.'” and I've heard this before that in Texas all pop is just referred to as “coke.” That's pretty asinine.

There was another test I took, that I can't find now, labeled “how right or left brained are you?” The test itself wasn't too bad. I had some generic flaws that all those style tests have. For example, “when making a decision, I rely on: a. logic b. intuition.” What makes people assume they're opposites? Can't you use both? I sure do. With this house deal, in fact. I felt bad, just inexplicably, illogically bad, which caused me to seek out a practical logical solution. Or how about love? There's an institution absolutely riddled with intuition and logic.

Then it gave me the results. It said I'm 45% left and 55% right. Almost fitty-fitty, which I had mostly guessed anyways. But then it described the two halves. It said left brain people prefer dogs, and right brain people prefer sports. Right, because when I think of an award winning poet, I think of baseball, and when I think of Einstein, I think of pit bulls.

Weak.

So, to sum it up, it looks very likely that I'll be havin' a flibbidy flop of my very own. And I'll be tired later today.

2 comments:

Kath said...

Yay on getting thru the house worries. It WILL all work out. Good luck and keep us posted!

stephonix said...

i like that you called your bladder a douche. i needed a laugh. (c;

congrats on the condo!